Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16 - 16th January - Leaks

Cold out there this morning, the thermometer is reading -10.8, but I think it might be colder than that since it was acting wonky last night.  At 6am I sit here listening to the gentle blop, blop of the drip from the living room ceiling going into the ice cream container on the floor. Not a soothing sound for sure. Yesterday we sprung a leak in the old pipes in the bathroom. So upstairs Larry went with his reciprocating saw and tools. First he measured downstairs to see if he could figure out the spot of trouble. But of course where he cut the floors - and there are two sets  wasn't the right spot so he re-evaluated and moved to a new spot. Found it!!! A pipe is leaking - joy joy. It's Sunday, so he tried to patch it but that didn't work, hence the container in the living room. So now we have a kitchen floor which is partial ripped up and a bathroom floor which looks like a disaster. Something about this house, when you start in one room another seems to scream.......Pick me, Pick me ........ off to the hardware store today he goes to get what is needed to fix this latest little problem. I must be a calmer person this year - last year I would have been pulling my hair out! Larry will get it fixed and things will be good until the next time. Such is live as a homeowner of a money pit! Well problem fixed, temperature has warmed up to -4.9, actually if you put on mittens and a hat it's quite nice out.

Sounds like we were in good company as several people were doing plumbing work on the weekend and a few that had frozen pipes this morning.

Have been working on some research this morning, but it's not going really well, so think I need a break from it. I just keep chasing these people in circles, then lose them after the 1900 US Census. Maybe a new angle tomorrow will sort them out. For now I have lots of things I can do.





It looks so quiet and peaceful around the lake today, frozen over, but not sure how thick. Then the lake makes groaning and moaning sounds, it's really a little creepy.







 That's my life today........ chin up and be strong folks, you can overcome anything you set your mind to!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks and it sounds like you are taking the same advice you are giving out!! It is all about being strong!! Somedays can be a challenge!!

    ReplyDelete