Thursday, January 5, 2017

Day 5 - 5th January 2017 - Downy Woodpecker, Ice and the Lake

Another mild morning, lots of water in the swamps and the lake is really high. Still +1,but the wind is picking up. The wood pile is having an easy week so far. Didn't built a fire until mid afternoon yesterday. Lexi had mostly a quiet day but regained her energy again before supper. I'm seriously going to have to set up a Go Fund to feed this girl soon. Of course the drugs make her twice as hungry and when I got up at 4am this morning she just assumed it was feeding time again. Having discovered that wasn't going to happened she's napping by her dish just in case I change my mind! So I continued with the sewing room - it's down to a dull roar and I can find most of the floor again and the tops of my work tables. Got some computer work done - nothing exciting. Lots of Goldfinches at the feeders and the Chickadees are enjoying the Christmas tree.
Downy Woodpecker












A gloomy morning on the lake.













I'm a sucker for ice on the lake.




Enjoy your day!








No comments:

Post a Comment