Thursday, January 12, 2017

Day 12 - 12th January 2017 - Chickadee, Red Wing Blackbird and Downy Woodpecker

 A wet Wednesday - a lot of the snow has disappeared, although there is some ice in the driveway and along the sides of the road. Makes for hard walking in places. Hoping today that disappears - more rain on the way. Even with the mild weather, the roads were black ice last evening, so be careful on your work commute this morning. I spent the morning in my sewing room and then switched to the kitchen in the afternoon. Home made biscuits - just had a craving. Then whipped up quiona coated Chicken strips for Larry's lunch box for the next couple of days. During these winter months I don't have to do the marathon cooking on one day, that I do the rest of the year. The yard was busy with birds, but I missed most of them - every time I grabbed my camera they disappeared again. Brown Creeper, Female Red Wing Blackbird joined the regulars. Maybe today I'll be more diligent in the kitchen window.
Chickadee finding seeds in the Christmas Tree.















If you look really close you'll see a Female Red-Wing Black Bird hiding in the Honeysuckle Bush.














Male Downy Woodpecker






Enjoy your day!














No comments:

Post a Comment