Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Day 118 - 27th April 2016 - Song Sparrow, Yellow-Rumped Warbler and Northern Flicker

Wednesday - day off but lots to do. Need to get back in to my routine. Some cooking and cleaning on Wednesdays with a little hood roaming tossed in. Think I'll do Turkey soup today. It will be good for the next couple of nights at supper.  Next week I'll try out a meal one day in the slow cooker.
Had a lovely morning walk being serenaded all the way by Hermit Thrushes - probably 5 in all at various points on the road. Finally the Yellow-Rumped Warblers popped up - 4 of those and a few Palm Warblers. So it was a good morning even though it was a tad chilly. As the day went on the clouds rolled in and by afternoon it was snowing - couldn't believe it! Yes snowing! I thought we were done with that stuff. It covered the ground and the trees, I didn't bother going for a walk after supper.
This was a beautiful morning shot in town at the day care centre, then I though maybe I shouldn't be taking pictures there. Hopefully no one thought I was a weirdo.












 The handsome Male Northern Flicker.












Finally one of the Yellow Rumped Warblers.















Don't think the birds were happy with the snow! For that matter neither was I.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment