Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Day 117 - 26th April 2016 - Woodpeckers, Palm Warbler and Hermit Thrush

A few showers on the way this afternoon but Big B. should get out with me for my morning walk. I'll take her rain jacket for later today.  Should be more birds coming along all the time now. Although I've not see a Yellow-Rumped Warbler yet which is kind of the regular ones. Maybe this morning.
Well yesterday was my first day back at work, busy getting some things done up, but it felt like being in a cage after being home and roaming freely. Going to take a few days to get back in the swing of it. I enjoy my morning walk though my fingers were frozen by the time I met up with Nancy. First section was pretty quiet but then a few birds popped out, one being my favouite the Hermit Thrush. Lots of Woodpeckers around, saw four Tree Swallows, Mallards, Grackles and Chickadees. Passed on exercise class last night - needed to get out in the fresh air not stay inside for another hour.


This was the funniest Woodpecker, he was around the ground pecking at stuff then in the road, finally off he flew to a tree.






























 Not a great shot ,but my favourite bird - Hermit Thrush arrived in the hood. Sang to me on my morning walk.












You can tell it's nesting season when.....















Palm Warbler from last evening.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment