Monday, April 25, 2016

Day 116 - 25th April 2016 - Palm Warblers, Tree Swallows and Maple Trees

Brrr.....it's chilly out there this morning, but should warm up as the day goes on. I'm returning to work today, the winter is over and time for me to be inside all day. Seems like something wrong with that picture! Oh well it has to be until I win the lottery!  I'm sure I've got lots to keep me entertained after being off so long. There are still Wednesdays and weekends to get in some birding, etc. And of course I get in my morning walk, going to meet my ride with Nancy in town. 
Sunday was a lovely sunny day but.... I hate to add that - the wind - what's with the wind lately. It's still got a bit of bite to it. I am still grateful for the sun and all the signs that Spring is here to stay. I took an early morning walk before tackling all the chores I needed to get done today.  Spotted 5 Palm Warblers (3 in one area, 2 in another), 2 Tree Swallows, Song Sparrows, Grackles and 2 Tree Swallows in the yard when I returned. On the way to town - 2 Hermit Thrushes and a number of Tree Swallows. The yard is still busy with Goldfinches, Purple Finches, Chickadees, Blue Jays, Grackles and a few Starlings.

 Got closer with this Palm Warbler but on the wrong side of the light.














This one was being a little cheeky!


Tree Swallows, I hope they are going to next in our birdhouse again this year.

The Maple trees are pretty with buds emerging.









Enjoy your day!














No comments:

Post a Comment