Thursday, April 21, 2016

Day 112 - 21st April 2016 - Forsythia, Mayflowers and a Mallard

Brrr, it's a little chilly this morning but the moon is bright and the sky filled with stars. It almost looks like day time.  Got a busy day ahead, off to Halifax later this afternoon with Char to set up and work the Shelburne County Tourism Booth at the Saltscapes Exhibition for a couple of days. I'm sure we will have a great time and if you are around be sure to stop and visit us! Larry and Lexi are staying home of course, I'm having my own little escape! Wonder if I should take Big B.? Still have some laundry to do before packing and I think I'll make a batch of brown bread rolls to take with us, we are staying with a friend and I hate to arrive empty handed.
The crocuses are finished now, Daffodils, Forsythia and Hyacinth are blooming in the yards. As plants progress in our flower beds, they do in the woods too. Pussy willows are nearly spent, but Mayflowers are in bloom. Soon the Wild Violets will pop through the ground. Like the spring birds that are arriving (although I'm not seeing many yet in the hood) the season is changing with plants.
Forsythia
















Mayflowers - although they always seem to bloom in April.
 Just enjoying a paddle around.
 The wind was chilly after supper but still nice along the lake.

The Pussy willows won't last much longer.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment