Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Day 175 - 24th June 2015 - Ducklings, Dark Skies and Yellow-Rumped Warbler

Wednesday and my day off! Pretty foggy out there this morning but looks like it will clear and be a fine day - rah! No great plans today - roaming the hood is at the top of my priority list, a little housework and a couple of hours of work on the book. Think I'll make pizza for supper - been a couple months since we've had that. Have company coming after supper bearing a cake. So I anticipate a pretty great day.
Not quite as much accomplished Tuesday, but I did managed to go over a few things with our student and add some more photos to the book. A few people around researching. The rain arrived late in the afternoon but not hard, by early evening it was pouring. Lots of chirping and tweeting in the backyard after supper - mostly the regular suspects but one I didn't recognize. Will keep my eyes open for a new visitor.
 These little guys can certainly motor right along now.
But Mom keeps a pretty close eye on them.








One of the many Hermit Thrushes that are around. There are a pair that feed every morning in one particular spot. I'm assuming somewhere handy they are nesting.
Didn't look like such a nice morning first thing yesterday.
A Yellow-rumped Warbler was looking for breakfast.
He barely stopped for me to get a few pics. Food was the only thing on his mind.








Enjoy your day!







1 comment:

  1. Happiest of Birthday Wishes to you my bird brained Sista :) I hope you enjoy your day with the Princess. I think I may have caught something from you....I find myself listening to the birds in the morning while I drink my first coffee......as long as they don't come too close I should be okay. <3

    ReplyDelete