Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Day 153 - 2nd June 2015 - Purple Finches, Northern Parula and Solomon Seal

My eyes popped open way too early this morning (4 am) - going to be a long day! Raining hard this morning, hoping it lets up when I walk over to meet Nancy. I enjoy being able to get a good jaunt in before my day starts at work. I think it's time I get back to the book today and make some headway, I've given a couple of copies out for reading and input. Sometimes fresh eyes are good, but I  need to spend a couple of days getting it put together before I hit panic mode.
I really need a rain jacket! Adding it to my list for a day of shopping. Maybe I should get a lined one if it's going to be cold like this. We built a fire in the furnace when we got home from work last night, brrr it was chilly. It was a good day at work, got a little bit done, our treasurer came in after lunch so the year end is done up and on to the new fiscal. Hair cut at lunch time, that always makes me feel better. Unfortunately it was another day of no birding, in fact I left Big B. home. The birds in the yard and feeders were busy when we came home last night. Lots of Purple Finches, Chickadees, Grackles, Blue Jays and Goldfinches. The Cedar Waxwings were busy in the apple blossoms.
Northern Parula.
Female Purple Finch - I love this pose.
Male Purple Finch.
The Apple Blossoms won't look like this after the rain and wind we've had.
The Bleeding Heart in my garden is white.
Solomon's Seal.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment