Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 166 - 15th June 2015 - Alder Flycatcher, Moose, Swamp Sparrow, Broad-winged Hawk and Frog

Temperature is +7 and it's Monday once again. Looks a bit foggy over the lake this morning, but I'm sure that will burn off quickly. The yard has been quieter these last few days, this morning - only a Song Sparrow and Crow could be heard. Not so vocal during nesting season. Back to the work week. Fingers crossed I get what I need done in the next few days.
Well guess I goofed yesterday morning, Father's Day is the 20th!HA!HA! I was a week early. Had just the day I needed - feel so much better than I did at the end of last week. We went off for a few hours of birding, nothing in the way of new birds but we did see something pretty spectacular. Then back home, I took a roam around the hood. Larry worked in the woodpile then I worked between the inside and out. I considered spending a hour or so on the deck but ran out of time. The afternoon flew by.
Alder Flycatcher















 A pretty big suprise! A young bull Moose. I believe in using a certain amount of respect for nature and giving it space, especially these guys.
 Saw a number of Swamp Sparrows.
 Frog in a very mossy pond.
Broad-winged Hawk - a handsome fellow.
Beauty in Lois' garden - her Irises are in bloom.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment