Monday, April 6, 2015

Day 96 - 6th April 2015 - Sunrise, Squirrel, Grackles and Redpoll

Temperature is -4, the stars and moon dip back and forth behind clouds and I can here the lake softly groaning. That's the end to the long weekend for most people, back to the work week. I guess I'm going to have a busy week. I'm finally get down to the crunch of soon going back to work myself so this week I've got to finish off the Spring Cleaning and make some major headway on the book. My days are going to be split between those two things and roaming the hood with Lexi. I really want a week off that I can do my own thing before going back. I'm also hoping that the snow will have cleared by then too.
Sunday morning was lovely, sun came out, temperature rose to +7, but by noon it was dropping again. Flurries late in the afternoon. I spent the morning doing up lunch box meals for Larry - Salmon cakes with salad, side of fruit and blueberry/cranberry muffins this week. All sounds good and healthy. Everything gets put in containers and in the fridge. Makes for easy work later in the week. Larry put some more wood in the basement, hope winter finishes soon! No sign of the Woodcocks, guess they moved on to greener pastures. Had a great meal with family at Mom and Dad's - ate way too much.
The sun comes through the trees like a fire ball.
Harriet (the Grackle) was in and out of the yard yesterday.
She brought a few friends this time.
A few Redpolls were around.
And there are always one or two of these little varmits. Not sure if he was looking for his stash or a birds.
And for a little color - the Blue Jays visit.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment