Friday, April 3, 2015

Day 93 - 3rd April 2015 - Ice, Spring Bulbs, Goldfinches and a White Breasted Nuthatch

Feeling much better this morning, got some sleep and didn't get up til 5 am! Rah! Mild out there, temperature is +5. Suppose to rain today, but am hoping it clears early and we can take a run to Cape Sable Island to see the Brant Geese and maybe the Snowy Owl. There's a American Woodcock, just up the road in a friend's yard, so maybe he will make an appearance today and I can finally get one on my lifer list. I've been chasing one of those guys for a couple of years now. Amazing, what used to be common in Middle Clyde when I was a child, I hardly see now. Same as the Grey (Canada Jays) I've not seen one of those in years.
Lovely sunny day on Thursday. Took Big B. out for a run in the morning, not a lot to see of course but it was nice to get back into a morning walk on my own. I shouldn't say not much to see, but I'm tired of taking winter photos of the lake. Lexi and I got out as well and even roamed around the yard some, checking out under the tree where my bulbs are planted and the snow is disappearing - yup I have "spring" life popping through the ground. Tried catching a nap but that wasn't meant to be. Even made it to exercise class last night.
This is the sight I like to see - soft ice rotting patches along the shores of the lake.
Lois' has several White - Breasted Nuthatches that hang around her yard.
Like paper peeling away.
The Goldfinches are getting brighter.

A small batch of open water on the shore in Beaver Farm Lake.
And for the life of me I can't remember what this is called, but it's remained all winter, the red is a nice contrast against the white snow.


As the snow disappears, tulips, daffodils and crocus' are beginning to appear.
I think these are Tiger Lilies, sprouting through the ground.
This cheeky Blue Jay was sitting right above me in an apple tree.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment