Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Day 111 - 21st April 2015 - Yellow-rumped Warbler, Evening Grosbeaks and Red-breasted Nuthatch

Mild this morning but going to be a day for rubber boots and puddle jumping. Rainfall warning in effect and perhaps some flooding issues since the weather sites say the ground is saturated already with water. Can't do much about nature, but the rain and the wind should finish up the snow that's around and move the rest of the ice down out of the lakes. Hoping I can get lots done at the office today.
I had forgotten how much I dislike Mondays, they are so rushed. Guess I'll get into the swing of things soon enough. And it's really hard getting used to be caged in an office all day and not being able to roam the hood when I want. Oh well it's the life of a grown up  - work = pay bills, start all over again! HA!HA! By next Monday I'll be settled in for the season once again. Home, quick supper and then off to exercise class. I'll be in pain the next few days I'm sure!
Male and female Evening Grosbeak.
Female Purple Finch.
You can see the flash of color on this Mallard's wing.
Red-breasted Nuthatch.
The highlight of my day, Yellow-rumped Warbler dressed in his summer suit.
My first Warbler of the season was visiting at Lois' yesterday. I got him after supper.
Can't wait to go searching for more on Wednesday when I'm off.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment