Monday, April 13, 2015

Day 103 - 13th April 2015 - Snowy Egret, American Wigeon, Common Mergansers and more beaches.

Of course, Monday morning and I've slept in - must have been all the fresh air on the weekend. Temperature is -2, but it promises to be another nice day. Ducks are squawking and I can hear a Song Sparrow beginning his song. Back to the book and to finish off the spring cleaning. Since it's suppose to be nice, Lexi and I are going to hit the hood and get in some good walks today too.
Finally Spring feels like it's here. The snow is melting rapidly and temperatures went up to +13 on Sunday. Now that's what we need. Makes a body feel so much better. I enjoyed my tea on the deck in the morning, listening to all the birds singing and chattering. 37 Canada Geese flew over the house, earlier I could hear a duck in the small lake and a Owl up the road. That's the way I like to start every day. The Woodcock was still around, staying in the shadows of the trees and (I assume) finding something to eat. He's been here a week now. I made muffins for Larry's lunches, then we headed off on another road trip. Went down through Gunning Cove, stopping at Crane's Point, checked out the ponds in Round Bay and the beach, continuing to Ingomar then up to Port Saxon and back down through Port Clyde, Thomasville and Blanche. It was late afternoon by then so we headed back home. I still have to cook for Larry's lunch box and we were both hungry so supper was in order.
One lone lobster trap at Crane's Point.
There were a lot of ducks in the ponds at Round Bay - I mostly good bad photos of them as they are always too far away. Greater Scaups.
If you look close you can see the Common Golden Eye's in flight.
A lifer for us - American Wigeon. A shot only good enough for ID purposes.
Round Bay beach - the water looked tropical, but I'm betting pretty cold.
Mallard, lots of those and Black Ducks around.
Saw a deer or two on the drive down to Blanche.
Way down at the end of Blanche Road was a Snowy Egret. Another new one.
A Male Red Breasted Merganser and two females (background).







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment