Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day 108 - 18th April 2015 - Canada Geese, Song Sparrow and Crocuses

Road trip! It's been months since we've actually gotten away. We're heading to Freeport to visit friends and I'm hoping to get a little birding in there. That's Nova Scotia, not Maine. Am looking forward to this little adventure. Stars are out this morning, but it's foggy.  Temperature is +4, I can hear an Owl up the road and a peeper in the cranberry ditch. I love the sounds of morning.
The rain didn't start yesterday til after lunch, so I got out for my morning walk then took Lexi for a run. Pretty quiet in my patch, no sign of sound of any warblers here. Put together a "death by chocolate" trifle to take with us for dessert Saturday night and packed a bag for the night. Not a terribly interesting day, other than that just a few things around the house that needed finishing up.
A couple of Canada Geese flying overhead. There were about 12 of them all together.
Song Sparrow - no way was he coming out from the branches but he sang a sweet song.
Finally we can see some water, best sight ever. Hopefully in a few more days it will be all clear.
Another burst of color in my yard.
The Chickadees are everywhere.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment