Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day 106 - 16th April 2015 - Harbour, Loons and Ducks

Too early this morning, shoulder was playing up most of the night so not a great sleep for sure. Temperature is -1, a bit chilly in the house. Should warm up later and be another nice sunny day. I see some deck time for me today. The last of my days home before it's time to go back to work for the season. I'll finish up a few things around the house this morning, catch up on some laundry. Think I'll  take a roam around the hood and see if any Warblers have landed here yet, they are arriving.
Another perfect spring day! Might have been just a tad better if I had been home and not in town, but that's the way things go. I think it must have been a busy day at the feeders since they were cleaned out when we got home. Mr & Mrs. Mallard were back in the yard. Another neighbour saw them in the cranberry ditch - guess they are tired of waiting for the lake to clear. I took Big B. to town with me, first time she's gone all winter. It was nice to catch the harbour in the morning light. Got my hair cut - feels so much better. Home for leftover soup and a lazy evening.
Looking down King Street at the Harbour.
Mallards enjoying an early morning swim.
A gull begins his landing.
I like the soft colors and stillness in the sky and harbour yesterday morning.

The Sandy Point Light.
Looks like this Loon has his summer plummage.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment