Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 231 - 18th August 2013 - Hermit Thrush, Kayakers, Dragonflies and Damselflies

So I've slept in (6:30am) - for me. I planned on heading out early to see what I could find, but guess I'm going to be later than I thought. Of course the whole idea was to sneak out without Lexi, no small feat, especially since she decided to be sleeping downstairs this morning. Sounds like this plan has gone bad before it started! It's +11 and a definite chill in the air with fog but looks like it will clear shortly and be another nice day. No great plans, so we'll just see where the day takes us.
Saturday was  beautiful, fog cleared off, sun came out with a nice breeze. Gotta love this time of year. I spent a long time haunting the hood, not as early as usual and maybe that was my mistake, but didn't find much in the bird line. As always it was a nice walk and I gave to the mosquito blood bank. Even with bug spray they find a few spots I missed, usually when I'm posed to take a photo. We went over to Islands Park and watched some of the Kayak Festival - there were workshops going on with various instructors. Really cool. Picked up groceries, dog food and gassed up the truck - guess that pretty much blew my pay cheque! A whip around the housework, another jaunt and tea with Lois, rounded out the afternoon. Not what you would call a strenuous day. Took a drive down to the Tree farm for a walk, then visited with neighbours on the way home. A good evening.
 Juvenile Hermit Thrush.
 Like steps going up the sides of the tree.
One of the Kayak Workshops at the at the Park.
 There are so many different dragonflies and damselflies around.
Damselflies mating.
 In case you didn't know dragonflies hold their wings out, damselflies hold theirs next to their body.
Some kind of a baby fish (yes I know that's not the technical term).
 Lexi on our evening walk, she likes to run ahead but always checks back to see where we are.
 You can just see the moon's reflection in the water behind the tree.
And the day was ending on the lake.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment