Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day 230 - 17th August 2013 - Fog, Spiderwebs, Ducks, Black-throated Green Warbler and the Lake

Saturday morning, all is quiet. Deer must be roaming in the yard these nights - the apples are ripening on the trees and Lexi gets stirred up. I'm sure she can either smell or hear them. Not sure what the big plans are for today. I'm thinking in a couple of hours I'll sneak out and see if I can catch the morning birds. Larry mentioned something about hunting for shorebirds this weekend, that's a idea for tomorrow. There will be grocery shopping to fit in somewhere and the Kayak festival is on this weekend at Islands Park so would like to get some photos of that too. Oh yeah, better fit some time in for housework and that jazz. I'm sure Larry will spend a few hours in the wood pile and garden. Over all nothing terribly exciting but suits me to a T this weekend.
Started Friday off well other than getting up too early. Great walk to meet Nancy, quite foggy and not many birds but it's a wonderful way to clear your head and get the day going. There were some ducks around the lake though, they are pretty faithful. Work progressed well, although the afternoon seemed to be long. Once we got home, supper then off to see what I could find. I found a new bird for me and talked to some neighbours along my route. All in all a good day.
 A foggy morning on the lake.
Spiderwebs were in abundance.
 The sun was trying to break through.
 I wonder how long it takes to make these - seems like a lot of work.

 But it turned out beautiful, except for the mosquitoes.
 New for me - Black-throated Green Warbler.

Came home from my walk to find a Goldfinch in the feeder.













Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment