Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Day 76 - 16th March 2016 - Evening Grosbeak, Grackles and Cookies

A wet morning, guess it's probably a good day to go to town, although I'll spend most of it wet I'm sure. Errands and volunteer work to accomplish, the time will fly by. Lunch at the Beandock - a good time to catch up.
A grey, overcast day but it didn't start raining until supper time. Lexi and I got a couple of walks in and then it was mostly a kitchen day with a little housework and computer work thrown in. Made up a batch of sugar cookies for the girls, lunches for Larry the next couple of days and a " cabbage roll casserole" for suppers the next few nights.  Tuesday is the afternoon Cathy stops for coffee on her way home and I enjoy our chats and feeding her whatever I've created. She's a good taste tester.  The feeders were busy with bigger birds - the Grackles are growing in numbers as are the Blue Jays. I heard a voice I didn't recognize but only for a few seconds and no sign of it.
Finally a Male Evening Grosbeak arrived, it's been several months since I've seen one.
I still think they are stunning with their colors, even though most of the time they just look black.
Big stretch!
And some Saint Paddy's day cookies.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment