Friday, March 4, 2016

Day 64 - 4th March 2016 - White-Throated Sparrow, Bling and a Blue Jay

My sleeping is getting worse instead of better. Up at 2:30 am, going to be a very long day. Maybe I'll luck in and snag a nap this afternoon. Larry's physiotherapy went well yesterday and he goes again today, guess we'll do the grocery shopping this morning instead of another trip in tomorrow.  Not sure how retired people do it, but I'll be happy to see him back to work. I seem to only get half as much stuff done when he's around as I normally do - guess my routine gets broken.
Snow flurries in the morning to cover the ground but the sun quickly melted it. The wind remained cold all day. I got in my morning walk, but it was pretty quiet around, a few birds at Lois' feeders but no sign of a duck in the coves. I had a number of Juncos, 2 White Throated Sparrows, Goldfinches and Purple Finches, Chickadees, Blue Jays and Mourning Doves. All the regular visitors. It was definitely a day to be bundled up, thought about digging out my snow suit again. Our weather is so fickle in the maritimes. After that I stuck mostly in the house - a little cleaning, some computer work, nothing exciting.
White-Throated Sparrow.















They are a chubby Sparrow.

A layer of snow on the moss in the woods.
And we had some ice bling again.
The Blue Jays aren't impressed with this feeder.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment