Thursday, May 28, 2015

Day 148 - 28th May 2015 - Song Sparrow, Magnolia Warbler, Apple Blossoms and Tree Swallows

Really mild and warm  - + 16. Rain on the way later this morning and maybe some thunder. I have summer student interviews this morning, will be good to get that little chore done and know I've got someone for our busy season. Then I'm hoping to move on to a quiet day and see if I can make some headway with other things.
It was good to be home on Wednesday, gave me  a chance to get myself re-grounded.  Enjoying a whole lot of nature around me really helps. Had a long chat on the phone with Irene too and that made a difference. Sometimes just getting it all out of your system helps. So seriously we are relatively healthy, have what we need and in a few weeks I'll reclaim some of my own time back. Life should be good - it's the glass is half full not half empty thing.  Went off for my morning walk, detoured a few times in hopes of finding something new and exciting but no luck. Some Northern Paurlas chasing one another, Song Sparrow at every corner and Mallards in the lake. I did spy the pair of Solitary Sandpipers. Heard the Red-Eyed Vireos. They seem to be returning to areas I've found them other years.
 I always hear Song Sparrows on my walk and early in the morning.
 The apple blossoms are beautiful.
 Had a Magnolia Warbler in an apple tree, maybe I need to stay home and bird in the yard.
 I think he has an itch - Yellow-Rumped Warbler.
 Chippy was having a snack, I don't mind him. He's not greedy like the squirrels.
 The guest house is occupied! First time we've had Swallows nesting in the yard for a number of years. Although I'm not sure how this will work out. Larry put the house just above the door of his workshop.

They spent all day gathering nesting materials, back and forth they went.
 I don't think dandelions are all that bad. They are kind of pretty and the bees like them.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment