Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day 140 - 20th May 2015 - Fog, Northern Parula and Cobwebs

Raining out there this morning, but it should clear later. That will give me a chance to whip around the house for a quick clean up. Then I'll hit the hood for some birding, feeling hopeful this morning. I could hear a few more yesterday morning, so I know they are around. Might be a good afternoon to plant the rest of the bulbs I have too. If you have mowed yet, this rain will make the grass spring up pretty quickly, should also do some good for the garden. Betting things will start to pop up in the next day or two.
Tuesday was a pretty good day, eye appointment in the morning, new glasses on the way in a week or so. They were very helpful, in helping me pick out frames and I managed to get something within my budget. The appointment kind of put me behind but I managed to accomplish a few things and had a researcher in the afternoon. Lexi and I got out for a quick walk when I got home and it just started to sprinkle before we got back. Rain in the evening, lazy time for me, Stood on the deck and listened to the Hermit Thrush singing across the road just before dark.
Foggy morning on the lake but you could see a little brightness in the sky.
Spied a Northern Parula in one of my regular Warbler haunts.
They love the Old Man's Beard, he was ducking in and out of it.
It was a great morning for cobwebs - they were everywhere.
Blossoms dipped in moisture with a cobweb string hanging from them.
A Humming Bird in search of someone's feeder.















There were some very intricate ones.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment