Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day 133 - 13th May 2015 - Robins, Hermit Thrush and Black & White Warblers

Not a great night of sleep, seemed I was restless and kept watching the clock. Temperature is +9, looks like a nice day on the horizion. Peepers are loud this morning and I can see a sliver of the moon through the trees, surrounded by stars. Since I got a little housework done last night looks like I've freed up some time to roam the hood today. May also do a little work in the flower beds.
Tuesday was damp and wet, but not a great deal of hard rain. I almost left Big B. home but at the last minute thought...what if this is the morning I see something. And I did  - my first Black and White Warblers of the season decided to appear just as a shower was passing over. So not great shots but I know where they are hanging out along with several Northern Parulas which I'll catch another day. It was such thick fog, it's a wonder I could see anything in the branches. Sure couldn't see across the lake. Good day at work, beginning to gather up photos for the book as we get to the final week or so of research and compiling information. It's coming along. Although near the end of the editing I'm going to need a day home to finish up. Too many distractions at work.
I think this must be a feeding station for Pileated Woodpeckers - it's riddled with big holes.
















Robins are happy in the yard these days - must be lots of worms.
I don't think the Hermit Thrush was happy with the weather either. He wasn't singing.
Black and White Warbler - one of the few Warblers that fit their name.
They are pretty handsome.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment