Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 139 - 19th May 2015 - Northern Parula, Swallow, Apple Blossoms and Tulips

It's Tuesday and back to work, temperature is +3, but the forecast is for another nice day. Eye appointment this morning, time for new glasses I guess. It's been about 5 years.  I dislike picking out glasses, never know what looks good and don't want something too faddish since I never get them changed very often. Lots to do today, hoping the day goes smoothly.
I'm sure we can all get used to days like Monday - beautiful, warm, umm.... and black flies. I said last winter I wouldn't complain and I won't, now if I can just find my bug dope. I found one bottle but I'll leave that in the car for road trips, somewhere in the house is another one. Of course if I buy one it will turn up. Another quiet day in the hood, heard the tell tale song of the Oven Bird, saw a Yellow-rumped Warbler and Northern Parula. Walked out to the Point and the pair of Song Sparrows are still in residence there. Seems they return every year to that one spot.
A nor'east wind made lots of bubbles on the lake.
The Northern Parula was singing up a storm.
Mayflowers hidden beneath old leaves and pine needles.
A pair of Tree Swallows were on the power lines next to the house yesterday morning. Wondering if they are going to set up housekeeping. It's been a number of years since we've had a pair around the property.
Roadside Lupins will soon be in bloom.
Soon will be time for Apple blossoms.
My tulips are all in bloom.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment