Thursday, May 7, 2015

Day 127 - 7th May 2015 - Hermit Thrush, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Daffodils and a Robin

Up too early, read for a bit before firing up the laptop and seeing what the world did while I was sleeping. Sometimes it's better that way. Temperature is +7, lot of cloud cover blocking out the stars earlier but within a 1/2 hour they had disappeared. As dawn arrives the musical interlude of the birds joins the peepers. Song Sparrows, a Hermit Thursh and a Robin, perhaps even a Woodcock in the background. Some mornings I don't recognize everyone, but love to listen. Work today, lots to do there. Time to start crossing things off of the list that has piled up over the winter months.
A fine day, didn't quite get as much done as  I should have. Spent a long time roaming the hood early in the morning, lots of activity - but mostly high in the trees. Saw the Eastern Phoebe again, think he will be my nemesis this season! Spotted a couple of Magnolia Warblers, lots of Hermit Thrushes and Yellow-rumped Warblers. The time for good hunting (camera) in my patch is near.
Yellow-rumped Warbler - a breakfast of tree buds or perhaps there are bugs in that bud.
A Loon fishes from the lake - he's not quite got his summer plumage.
My favourite and faithful summer bird - Hermit Thrush. Their song is haunting but some how calming at the same time.
Forsythia is blooming.
These miniature daffodils popped up in my flower bed, I forgot that I planted them last year.
Robins are everywhere now - the yard and the woods.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment