Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 123 - 3rd May 2015 - Double - crested Cormorant, Evening Grosbeak and Daffodils

It's a beautiful morning out there, everyone should get up early and enjoy it! Temperature is +2 but feels warmer. The peepers are so loud and a Hermit Thrush is singing to me from across the road.  It gives you such a great feeling when you get up and can hear those wonders of nature. A little cooking to do this morning, then I think we'll go on a short road trip - maybe find a few birds if we are lucky for a few hours.
So far I'm liking the change in weather May has brought. The temperature went up to +17 yesterday afternoon. I puttered around the house and roamed the hood most of the day, Larry didn't get home til after 3. I had pizza made, so an early supper/late lunch and then off to town for groceries. Never an enjoyable experience, but a necessity of life. In and out in less than an hour, then tea and catch up with Cathy on the way home. The one thing I miss about back to work is our Tuesday afternoon coffee. Something to look forward to in the fall again. I watched two male Flickers in the apple tree yesterday  in some kind of a territory spat. Well they mostly acted like gentlemen but you could certainly tell that one was trying to tell the other to find a new place! It went on for at least 1/2 hour, but I didn't get my camera for fear of breaking the moment.
Lois has a few Daffodils beginning to open.
Double Crested Cormorant - he returns to the lake every year. Another sign of summer. I was laying on a neighbour's dock as he was swimming by.
Even though he looked right at me, he didn't seem to care I was there.
It was a perfectly calm morning.
This female Downy Woodpecker prefers the feeder to the suet.
The feeders were busy all day, several Evening Grosbeaks hung around.
Purple Finch and Goldfinch.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment