Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 131 - 11th May 2015 - Baltimore Oriole, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Hummingbird and Canada Geese

And Monday has arrived to quickly once again. Temperature is +11, a little rain on the way some time today (maybe it will hold off til after my walk). The work week starts way to fast, but there is nothing we can do about that but enjoy the weekends while we have them. As usual there's lots to do, perhaps this week I'll make a little headway getting through the back log.
It certainly turned out hot on Sunday, I checked  the thermometer in the afternoon and it read +27. Summer may be here... I hope. Quiet around the hood, although I did finally see a couple of Northern Parulas. The Warblers are arriving to my patch, just a little slow showing themselves. Cindy had a Baltimore Oriole at her feeder so we took a quick run up the road to see him. Then to town to drop off some hanging baskets to Mom for Mother's Day. The rest of the day was spent doing my Sunday cooking, some housework and yard work. Got most of my flower bulbs planted. Larry has the kitchen garden beds ready for planting. Black flies are around but not in the biting stage yet - another few days.
The Baltimore Oriole - such a colorful fellow. Wish I had gotten a little sharper shot. He loves the oranges.
He's all but hidden in this big feeder.
Pussy Willows have gone to seed for another year.
It was bath time for Kate and William - I watched them for about 1/2 hour - what a show they put on.
They are really a huge bird when they put out those wings.

I now have 2 male Hummingbirds at the feeder. It's hardly safe to sit on the deck!
The female Young Rumped Warbler has arrived. They were both in the yard yesterday.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment