Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Day 126 - 6th May 2015 - Pollen, Grackle, Daffodils and a Squirrel

Nice morning, I tossed and turned for an hour and then finally decided I'd had enough and got up. Temperature is +6, moon and stars are shining brightly in the sky. I can hear peepers but it must be too early for the birds. Another 1/2 hour or more and they will begin their morning songs. I love my mornings, a little time by myself to think and plan the days events. Sunrises are also the prettiest part of the day. I must get out for a jaunt and see if there are any new Warblers in the hood. They are slow moving in this year. Not in their normal spots, so I guess I've got to look a little deeper for them.
The sun shone brightly and warmed everything up on Tuesday with just a gently breeze. It was still +18 when we got home at supper time. Oh what a day it would have been to spend on the deck, but alas working pays the bills. It wasn't such a bad day at work anyway. Larry and Lexi did some work around the yard after supper, Getting it cleaned up a bit from the winter. I got stuck in the house doing up things.
Allergy season has begun - pollen on the lake.
The Grackles are everywhere.
More spring flowers are popping up.
Daffodils are such a welcome burst of color around the yard.
Bright and sunny.
The Daphne didn't flower as well this year, just a few blooms here and there.
Larry's nemesis. There are two again, soon to me more I'm sure.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment