Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Day 147 - 27th May 2015 - Gray Catbird, Canada Geese and Purple Finch

Temperature is mild this morning at +13. Looks like a sunny day in the making. Quiet out there, with just a few peepers, but I'm up early. The birds will soon be singing. Will get a few things done around here then head out early for my walk. Thinking I better lather on the fly dope, the blackflies will be hungry. A bit of housework and yard work and lots of roaming the hood with Lexi today should round the day out nicely. Fingers crossed for some of those elusive Warblers.
Tuesday produced a little rain, a little sunshine and lots of black flies. Another day that I felt like I was spinning my tires. I think there comes a time that you feel like you are drowning no matter how much  you get done. I snapped yesterday, or came close to it. It's not only the workplace that's overwhelming, it's my own time or what used to be my own time on the weekends. Seems all of a sudden people are calling - can you cook this, can you work at that. Here's what I learned to say a few years ago that stopped all that - NO.  If I offer fine, but don't call and ask me. I swore I wouldn't volunteer for another cause unless I dropped one I'm involved in and things are creeping in.  So once again, I'm going to take back my time. I know it sounds selfish, but that's life. Larry and I enjoy our birding and outings on the weekends and that's what we are going to do.  My rant for the day, sorry!
The Gray Catbird sang for me again, although he hung in the shadows.
A silhouette of a Robin looking at the lake.
The apple blossoms are just about in full bloom.
When we drove in the yard at supper time, last night, the Cedar Waxwings were sitting in the apple tree by the driveway.
So we think the Geese may finally be on a nest. They are not showing up in pairs and hanging around all day sun bathing on rocks.
He was pretty vocal last evening.
Still lots of Purple Finches in the yard, what a noise lot they are!








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment