Monday, May 18, 2015

Day 138 - 18th May 2015 - Scarlet Tanager, Lockeport and Seaweed

Monday morning - holiday for me but Larry's working. Temperature is +7, looks like a nice day on the horizon. Haven't had much time in the hood this weekend so first on my list will be a good roam around this morning. Maybe I'll be lucky and the Warblers will be hopping.  A little housework, cook something for Larry's lunches this week, maybe some work in the flower beds. Sounds like that will round out the day for me.
Sunday turned to rain very quickly and lasted most of the day. We went off to Ingomar to the Fireman's Breakfast - yummy! Then headed to Pubnico in search of Blue Birds and Red Birds. We had luck with the Red one - Scarlet Tanager - gorgeous, although my photos didn't do him justice. When we spotted him it was pouring and blowing so Big B. was a little shaky. I'm happy to have finally found one and add him to my life list. No luck with the Indigo Bunting or the Orioles that have been found in the area. One of our birding friends Laurel, was kind enough to take us where all these new guys were. Back home before lunch, made up some muffins for Larry's lunch box, laundry etc.
Almost looked like it would clear and be fine at Round Bay.
A Wigeon in the ponds.
The weekend theme was red birds - the Scarlet Tanager at Pubnico Point.
A new lifer for me.
Looking at Lockeport from Point Pleasant on Saturday.
A little more of the sea's debris.





















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment