Saturday, May 9, 2015

Day 129 - 9th May 2015 - Daffodils, Broad-wing Hawk and Reflections

A little cool this morning, temperature is +4. Suppose to be mostly sunny but doesn't look like it will warm up a lot. It's Spring Migration Bird Count Day! Rah! We are off to count birds this morning. Think we'll go to Port Clyde, down through Port LaTour and Baccaro. Might be something interesting in the ponds along the way and at Crows Neck Beach.  I'll check out the hood after we come home and see if there is anything interesting around.  Some where in there I have to do grocery shopping and Mother's Day shopping. Larry has his end of the season dart get together this evening so I'll have the evening free.
Well I jinxed myself yesterday when I said about no furnace fire, it was certainly cold enough for one when we got home, but we didn't bother. I had things to do around the house, Larry worked outside til almost dark.  Not a bad day at the office, but I've come up against a brick wall with research I'm doing.

I know more Daffodils, but some are different than others - there are lots of varieties.







Broad Wing Hawk. I love watching the raptors.
Purple Finches - male and female at the feeder.
A beautiful morning on the lake.
I love days that are calm and the reflections strong.
This little Goldfinch hasn't quite got all his summer plumage yet, still missing a few yellow patches.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment