Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 141 - 21st May 2015 - Chestnut-sided Warbler, Norther Parula, Pansies and Strawberry Blooms

What a beautiful morning, temperature is +3. When I got up at 5 am and went out the dawn is already breaking over the lake, an Owl is hooting down the road and several Song Birds are singing near by. It's a work day so won't be able to enjoy all this at home. Lots to do at work, need to get back to finishing off our publication. Our author Karen has pretty well done her job now it's up to me to bring it all together and get it ready for printing.
A misty morning, but cleared and late in the day the sun arrived. On my first run out, I could hear lots of birds but the cloud of blackflies around my head made it near impossible to see anything. So I went home rooted through everything and found the fly dope - back I went again and discovered a Chestnut-sided Warbler. Not new but better pics than last year. The Northern Parulas are becoming friendlier as well. Also spied the pair of Solitary Sandpipers (no photos), but happy to see them back again this year. They nested last year and brought out four little ones. By afternoon the mosquitoes were out as well. I said I wouldn't complain about the flies, but I just can't remember them being this viscous.
Chestnut-sided Warbler, singing.
He was breakfasting on those reddish buds.
Wild strawberries are in bloom.
Love Pansies and these ones are very pretty with their painted faces and rain drops.
The Northern Parula is entertaining to watch as he ducks in and out of the Old Man's Beard.

The clouds rolled across the lake after supper but didn't last long.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment