Monday, May 4, 2015

Day 124 - 4th May 2015 - Broad-wing Hawk, Eastern Phoebe and Swamp Sparrow

Here it is Monday once again, temperature is +1. The weekends fly by way too fast. The early morning sounds didn't let me down - I can hear a Hermit Thrush, Song Sparrow and the Peepers. It helps to set the stage for a better day. Have to spend some time today on something other than going through old newspapers for book research. Need to purge through some other items.
Sunday turned out to be the nicest day we've had in a long time, temperature went to +24. Hoping for more of the same. We didn't go anywhere, just stayed around the hood. I roamed and worked around the house. Did the weekly cooking. Took a little time out to enjoy the deck and the birds in the feeders. Larry started some yard clean up and the kitchen garden beds prep. Soon we can think about planting.
There were two of these Broad-wing Hawks, probably the same ones I saw a few weeks ago. Last year  I saw three fly over the house one day.
Not a terrific shot, but I was stalking the Hawks when this guy flew into my vision - Eastern Phoebe and a new one for my list.
It was a beautiful, calm morning to be on the lake.
Swamp Sparrow - first I've seen this season.
More bad shots, but there were two Eagles flying over the lakes around lunch time. Usually I've only seen one.
Purple finch - they've become regular visitors these days.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment