Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 202 - 21st July 2014 - Blue-Headed Vireo, Glossy Ibis and Canada Geese

Here we are at Monday again. It's going to be a busy day and week. Have a couple sets of researchers coming today so first thing this morning I need to finish getting ready for them. I'm having a short week since I'm taking Friday off  (my yearly mental health day) and that always makes for a crazier week. Looks like we might get a few showers today but doesn't sound like much. Exercise class tonight - hoping I can make it.
Another beautiful day - the weekend goes by so quickly. Finally the hood woke up and the birds came alive yesterday morning.  In one little patch I saw lots of different species including a new lifer for me - Blue Headed Vireo. It was a nicer walk - quieter except for the birds and occasional Cock-a-doodle-do from Lois' Roosters - Batman and Robin. Did a few things around the house while Larry worked in the woodpile, then we headed for Yarmouth right after lunch. Every once in a while you have to make the run for a few things, as much as I hate to give up time for shopping I bit the bullet and off we went. Of course I had an idea in the back of my mind to cut through the Cannan Rd and go to Amirault's Hill to find the Glossy Ibis. Someone gave me instructions on it's last sighting and bang there it was - lifer #2 for the day. A few quick stops in Yarmouth to get what we needed then home again by supper time.
 The Blue-Headed Vireo.
 Northern Parula.

 I like the way the light hits the lamp coming through the window. I shouldn't creep people's places but......
 I'm sure he was saying " food, mama, food"
 Hermit Thrush was happy with me for some reason.
 My Day Lilies are coming to an end for another year.
 Yellow Warbler - sometimes hubby drives slow and I "pish" out the window.
 One of these things is not like the other.
 The Glossy Ibis.
 Female Common Yellow Warbler.











Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment