Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 58 - 27th February 2012- Spending Time with Mourning Doves

In keeping with our chanagable weather, this morning's temperature is -6.2. Not sure what is happening today, other than I know I have a lot of things that need to be done/cleaned up/finished. I should go to Liverpool and do some research, especially since today looks like it will be decent weather wise, but I'm going to put it off for a bit more. I feel like an at home work day today.

I struggled through some more of my report all morning. Have found some loose ends that need to be tidied up - in the early 1900's a number of men in the family who went to Massachusettes, mainly the Boston and Gloucester areas fishing, some never returned to Shelburne, what happen to them? Did they get married? Have families? or were they lost at sea? So I continue to search.

Decided to go out for a walk after lunch and clear the cobwebs, Larry was busy painting, again. I think there is more water than ice in the lake now. Hurrah! Stop to see Lois for a few minutes. The sun is warm but......really it's rather cold.


This pair of  Mourning Doves were resting in a tree.








Danny started up the wood chipper and they left, guess they decided the noise was too much. But when I walked back home again, there they were......


out on the road. Not sure what there is to eat on pavement but they were pecking away.















Almost to the yellow line. I was able to get closer as they gradually made their way to the other side.












And they made it. Their coloring blends into the background and ground cover.


















So it was nice to spend a few minutes in the lives of a pair of Mourning Doves this afternoon, even though by the time I got in the house my hands felt like they had frost bite.








Have warmed up with a cup of tea, while finishing this off, must get back at those census records and ship manifest to see where those elusive relatives have gone.
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment