Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Day 9 - 9th January 2019 - Seaweed, Gull and Lighthouse

Raining and windy this morning but it's mild.  Looks like we had a little snow during the night but it's going to be gone quickly. Gotta love Nova Scotia weather, changes in the blink of an eye. I did well yesterday, puttered around getting things done, including those grant apps ( Cady and I have 3 more to tackle next week) which have been sent off for review before we submit them. Even got out for a  jaunt and a quick cup of tea with Lois. I began my pre after holidays diet - which basically consists of eating the candy in the house before I actually consider losing weight. Two things this accomplishes - I have temptation out of my way and I know the exact number of pounds I actually need to lose. So 1/2 box of chocolates gone last night. Sounds crazy but that's how I think.  Feeders were busy yesterday, we still have the three different sparrows - Song, White Throated and Tree, a herd of Blue Jays, Chickadees, Goldfinches, Nuthatches and Woodpeckers. Would love to see some Purple Finches, there were a couple around in November but haven't seen them since. Today is Knit & Yarn Wednesday so Gina and I are off to Becky's Shop in Lockeport, to knit, laugh and have some fun with the others.
 There was so much seaweed at Daniel's Head on the weekend
 Gull coming in for a landing
The Light at the Cape on a foggy morning.



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment