Monday, January 21, 2019

Day 21 - 21st January 2019 - Downy Woodpecker, Evening Grosbeak and a Gull

It's a mild morning, wind seems to have died down some and not raining at the moment. It was a day of all seasons yesterday. Started off with snow - we probably got a couple of inches, then ice pellets with snow and finally rain around noon or so.  By early evening the wind really picked up and was blowing hard and the rain was coming down but it was mild, the temperature had gone up. Power went out at 8pm. Figuring it would be that way all night and possibly longer I took my kobo and went to bed to read. Around 11pm the flashing digital light on the clock woke me up and I could hear the tv on downstairs - short outage, no complaints from me.  I got some cooking done in the morning, lunches done up  for Larry, meatloaf, s/s meat balls, veggies and quoina - 8 days and a batch of muffins. Sometime this week I'll do another batch of something so he's got some variety. Did them both in the Instant Pot - a little playing around with the time but they came out good. By afternoon I was curled up with a blanket, watching tv, knitting. It was a lazy afternoon. It's Monday so time to get some things done.


This Female Downy Woodpecker comes every day to the suet .
 High up in the willow tree and flock of Evening Grosbeaks sat, managed to get a shot of one.

Gull  - coming in for a landing.




Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Your birds are beautiful but I also enjoy your ice pictures. Linda

    ReplyDelete