Friday, January 25, 2019

Day 25 - 25th January 2019 - Gull, Grebe and Loon

That was a wild and windy night. Glad it's calm down this morning. Our power went out around 10pm, back around 1am. Then it must have flickered or went out again during the night as I woke up and the digital clock was flashing. It must have been wicked along the coast, not sure I can remember it blowing that hard before. But once again it's mild  +6, makes it easy on the wood pile. Had a good day in town yesterday, even got a few things done around here before I went. Tried making bagels, didn't turn out bad, might need to cook them another couple of minutes longer and shape them a little bigger. Larry thought they were great until I told him they were made with yogurt. Although he said he wanted blueberries in his  the next time so he must be planning on putting the yogurt out of his mind. I used cinnamon and dried cranberries. It's not really cheaper to make them, but they are healthier and easy so will do them once in a while.  Had lunch with the girls, a few errands at the mall and that was it. Even managed to go to exercise class last night. Although by the time I got home my stomach was happy. It's Friday and another social day - Knit & Yarn! rah! and then marbles tonight. Saturday looks like pretty good weather and with all the wind we've had, might be a good day to get out and chase some birds.

I've had to dig out some photos from my archives.


Gull


Grebe



Loon



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment