Thursday, January 17, 2019

Day 17 - 17th January 2019 - Goldfinches, Chickadee and Junco

A little snow during the night, windy and cold this morning. Hard to believe the temperature went up to +3 yesterday and back down to -8 last night. The birds were busy at the feeders on Wednesday, as usual the Blue Jays and Mourning Doves with some help from the squirrels clean out the platform feeders in a few short  minutes but the Christmas trees and tube feeder remain for the little birds. They flit back and forth. It's fun to watch the Chickadees grabbing seeds and trying to find places to hide them later. I spent most of the day doing grant writing, but I think by late afternoon I had finished my part with Cady's help and sent them over to her. My stomach felt the affects of the antibiotics all morning, but after supper wasn't too bad. It's worse early in the day, but it's only for a week so I'm sure I'll survive. Today will be Thelma and Louise Day, off to lunch and maybe a few errands.


Sometimes they share - Goldfinch and Chickadee

















They love to perch on the netting Larry has up for the pole beans



















Junco with his tail fanned out.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment