Saturday, January 19, 2019

Day 19 - 19th January 2019 - Barred Owl, Guillemot and Long Tail Duck

Temperature is up around 0 this morning, bit breezy and a dusting of snow overnight. Our fickle weather.  Wait five minutes and it will change again. Looks like the upcoming storm will bring mostly rain for us, some snow ahead of time. So I opted for "knit & yarn" day in Lockeport instead of groceries in Barrington on Friday. Doesn't take much to change my mind, so now I'll have to go shopping this morning. It's always a fun time and I know that I won't get there all summer when I go back to work. Ironically as I'm knitting away, there is a Redhead Duck swimming around with some Scaups not 5 minutes away. When Larry picked me up  we went down to check it out, of course I missed good shots of him by 10 minutes they all moved off. So what I managed to get was a distance shot, heavily cropped but enough to say I saw him. Did see some Longtail Ducks, Guillemots, Scaups and Eiders. On the way home I spotted a Barred Owl and the Ring Neck Ducks were in the river just below the lake. Overall my day turned out great - birds and knitting!



















 Guillemot
Long Tailed Duck. They are a stunning duck -a few years ago I got some nice shots of them in Meteghan.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment