Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Day 15 - 15th January 2019 - Just another winter day

Brr... it's cold this morning, again. Monday was a busy day, computer work, grant writing, minimal housework. Went out for a jaunt around lunch time (once it warmed up some)  and tackled the Instant Pot in the afternoon. Made a stew - in no time at all, although I did miss the smell of it simmering away on the back of the stove for hours, but Larry declared it was perfect and we should throw away all of our pots and pans. Needless to say that won't happen! I think he just likes the ideas of washing one container instead of several.  Next free day I'll take a look through the freezer and some recipes and tackle something else. Lots of birds around the feeders, maybe too many Blue Jays and Mourning Doves as they clean out the seeds pretty quickly. But not much I can do about that. The little birds seem to find enough. I counted 6 Juncos yesterday and the American Tree Sparrows popping in and out of the Christmas Tree. At least 5 Songs Sparrows and the White Throated Sparrow. Goldfinches are happy at the tube style feeder and Christmas tree, they don't bother as much with the platform feeders. Exercise class last night, good work out, I'm sure by tomorrow I won't be able to sit or lift anything but just the same.....will help off set some of that holiday candy I've been grazing on. It's off to town today, working on grant applications with Cady, dentist appointment and Trivia tonight. Hopefully the dental work isn't going to put a wrench in the rest of my day. So the upload speed is too annoying for me this morning, no pictures. Sorry folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment