Thursday, January 3, 2019

Day 3 - 3rd January 2019 - Squirrel!

Skies are dark now, last night the stars were all out. No snow yet but probably not far off. They are only giving 5cm, so won't be much. Christmas Trees went outside for the birds to enjoy for the next few months. As I was holding one so Larry could get rope to tie it up, a Chickadee landed in it. Apparently he knew, wouldn't be long and it would have lots of black oil sunflower seeds throughout the branches. Didn't take long after they were up for the birds to all flutter through them, resting and feeding.  It was a bit of a circus yesterday morning, when I was on  the deck a weasel was running around. Didn't quite look like the one (Charlie) that was in the house a month ago. Maybe we have two?? I seriously don't mind when they are outside, I do object when they are in the house, but the best thing with having a weasel - they get rid of the mice. And with this old house that's a good thing. It was a puttering kind of day, getting back to routine. Laundry, dishes etc. Decided it was time to tackle my sewing/craft/photograph room. I can find  little more floor space, but only because things are getting shoved into the storage room next to it. I'll never get that room sorted out, but as long as I can get the door shut - who cares! This might be the year I get some of the huge photograph collections sorted it out that I've been blessed with. Well maybe some of them. It was a marble playing evening, I watched and knit while the others tried to kill one another - always fun and lots of laughs. My internet upload speed has been sluggish this morning making me a tad later than normal!

And we have lots of these guys around the feeders!



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment