Monday, January 7, 2019

Day 7 - 7th January 2019 - American Tree Sparrow, Male and Female Mallards

Cooler this morning, dusting of snow on the ground, windy and temperatures around - 7. A few stars are twinkling in the sky.  Well it's Monday, the first full week after the holidays and time for me to move into action and start getting things done. I'm waving Knit & Yarn days in front of my face like a carrot - my relaxation and prize for work accomplished! Truthfully I get more done when I have lots to do. First on the list is some summer student grant applications - would like to have this batch out of my hair by mid/late week. So I guess it's going to be a trip to town for a brainstorming session with our Curator this morning and tackle those.  Have some genealogy to work on, Margie, Alice and I need to start researching  the "Little Old School Houses" publications that we want to write. We've had this idea for a while, but because there are so many in the county, we'll break it down, go east to west and do it in sections. So that's just a few of fun things to do during the winter. Yesterday was kind of a lazy one, a little housework, some knitting, quick run to town.

The American Tree Sparrow still hangs out in the yard, I don't remember having one during the winter before.
 Male Mallard, the ones at the head of the harbour are very tame.

One of the light colored female Mallards preening.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment