Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Day 30 - 30th January 2019 - Evening Grosbeaks

A little snowfall overnight, still a few flakes in the air but it's going to change over, rain on it's way but a few ice pellets in between. Temperature is hovering right around 0, so anything could happen. It's "Knit & Yarn" day so hopefully it will be straight rain by the time we are ready to go. I could use a little knitting today. My upload speed really sucks today and I should call and see what's going on with the internet but then it straightens out again and I forget. Got some stuff done around the house yesterday and by lunch time it had warmed up a bit (or the sun was stronger) and I went for a roam in the hood. The lake was noisy - snapping, cracking, moaning and groaning. I counted 33 Evening Grosbeaks in the trees and feeders yesterday, probably the most I've had at one time. Lots of Blue Jays and Mourning Doves of course along with Goldfinches, Chickadees, Nuthatches, Sparrows and Woodpeckers. No sign of Purple Finches yet. Well it's a short and sweet post this morning - too much on my mind.


Evening Grosbeaks



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment