Friday, January 11, 2019

Day 11 - 11th January 2019 - Lots of Mallards

It's a little breezy this morning, a dusting of snow on the ground, temperature is just below 0. I can't believe it's Friday already, I see this month is going by in a flash! Been sleeping reasonably well lately but this morning I'm up at 4am. Ugh! I've got some computer work and a couple of other things to get finished off before we head off to Lockeport for "Knit & Yarn" this morning so guess that will give me time. It's marble night too. Fridays are really a busy day! If I'm honest they are more of a social day, but everyone needs a little bit of a social life. Thursday was  Thelma and Louise Day, Margie and I had lunch out with the girls, then I spent the afternoon in meetings.  Maybe on the weekend Larry and I will get out to do some birding. As I said the first of the New Year, some days my writing is just going to be short and sweet.
 These are just a few of the many Mallards at the head of the harbour. I always scan them closely to see if there is something else with them. I did see a Green Wing Teal the other day and then promptly lost him.


Mallard and Black Duck crossed, not sure but Larry thought he might have some Pintail mixed in.



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment