Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Day 53 - 22nd February 2017 - Blue Jay, Mourning Dove and Goldfinch

I think oversleeping or sleeping in is almost as bad as getting up to early. 6 am before my eyes opened this morning - which means no one else got up either! Oh well, maybe I just needed the extra sleep. My throat has been scratchy since yesterday so am hoping I'm not getting the "man cold". More mild weather on it's way today. Tuesday was nice, you could smell spring in the air and even the birds sounded like they were getting ready for it too! The snow is melting, although when I look at the huge banks in front of the house, I think they may not be gone til June. On a plus note, the grass around the fir trees on the northern side of our property is coming through and the Robins have found it. The Owls are vocal in the evenings now and early mornings - hooting up and down the lake. Well today is more database entry - I'm trying to spend a couple of hours each morning on it til the project is done.



Blue Jay and Mourning Dove sharing.













Goldfinch takes his turn.
One of two Song Sparrows that have been here all winter.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment