Thursday, February 9, 2017

Day 40 - 9th February 2017 - Evening Grosbeak, Song Sparrow and Blue Jay

Batten down the hatches - winter has arrived - Nor'easter on the way today. High winds and lots of snow forecast for this afternoon and night. Get ready for power outages. Hoping Friday morning I can get back out with the snowshoes again! I'm going to require a nap this afternoon I'm sure, it's been one of those way to early mornings for me - 3:30am. I knew that's what would happen after having 3 good sleeps in a row.  The birds were feeding greedily yesterday, the large flock of Evening Grosbeaks, Mourning Doves, Blue Jays, Chickadees, Goldfinches, a few Red Breasted Nuthatches and a pair of Song Sparrows. Always a sign that bad weather is on it's way. I've not seen the Sharp Shinned Hawk for quite a while, he must be happier these days at Lois' feeders. I think the Library is cleared out except for some dusting, Larry continued with molding in the bathroom last evening.


I get more enjoyment from the Christmas tree since we've had it out by the feeders than I did in the house. The Evening Grosbeaks and smaller birds love finding the seeds we've tossed in it.










One of the Song Sparrows checking out the seeds that have fallen.



And our regular cheeky Blue Jays. Even they were sharing yesterday.




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment