Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day 301 - 28th October 2015 - Frost, Leaves, Mist and Ferns

Wednesday again and my town day! We were both going for blood work this morning, but I've mislaid my form so Larry will get his done and I'll have to go next week. Sometimes I feel like the absent minded professor. I really hate going without my coffee first thing especially if I've been up early.  It's another frost morning out there and with the Hunter moon, just as bright as Tuesday.
Brrr it was cold on my walk Tuesday morning. Definitely a glove and cap day but it was beautiful and peaceful. The only sound were the leaves tumbling to the ground as the sun hit their frosty stems. It was mostly a kitchen day with a little cleaning thrown in. Nothing like a big pot of Chili simmering on the back of the stove on a chilly day. Although once the sun came out it did warm up considerably. A batch (2 1/2 dozen) of chocolate zucchini cupcakes with cream cheese icing completed my cooking. Those I'm giving a way. Not on Larry's diet but I had the urge to bake so better to get them out of the house. Cathy stopped for coffee late in the afternoon on her way home from work so some were packed in a container for her and Harold.
Every morning I think - oh this is the end of the leaves but I'd forgotten how pretty they are dipped in frost.
The sun melts the frost quickly.

















The mist was rising from the water.
The ferns were coated in frost too.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment