Monday, October 19, 2015

Day 292 - 19th October 2015 - Wood Duck, Canada Goose, Bald Eagle

Well among the things to do today is vote. Yes it's finally here - Election Day, thank goodness I'm tired of watching/listening to ads, the phone calls and the mail outs. I think it's been the longest campaign in history, way too much money wasted. Of course I will vote, not a right I'm willing to give up.  My short rant of the day! It's also the start of fall cleaning day for me - pick a room, any room and get started. Since I didn't get muffins done or lunches prepped for Larry yesterday guess that's on the list today too. 
Took off and went to Yarmouth after breakfast on Sunday morning. Had a few errands to run and thought we might find a couple of birds on our travels. On the back road we ran into quite a flock of Purple Finches, kind of an odd place to see them as I think of those at the feeders and not in the back country. A stop at Bear Brook found a couple of Wood Ducks and a Kinglet (too close for my camera to focus). This is usually a good spot in the summer for Warblers, Swallows and Hawks.  We made a run out to Cape Forchu, but nothing exciting - Gulls, Great Blue Heron and an immature Eagle. Glad I didn't have a lot of shopping to do, Walmart is a dreadful dump these days. My favourite stop is always the Bulk Barn! Homeward we went and spied a Northern Harrier at Bear Brook - too far for good shots though, he was hunting.
 Male Wood Duck - but he saw me.
 And moved up the brook, another was just around the bend.
Canada Goose in Yarmouth, saw five.














Purple Finches - they insisted on hanging in the tops of trees.
Yellow-Rumped Warbler.
Immature Bald Eagle - or at least I'm quite sure it is. He sure made the gulls and crows scatter.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment