Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Day 286 - 13th October 2015 - Sunrise, Reflections, Song Sparrow and Dragonfly

Long weekend is over, back to work this morning. It's been a good couple of days, probably could have accomplished more but that I'm leaving for another week. Some rain on the way. People coming to do research today so I'll be busy with them and trying to finish off some stuff this week.
A little roaming and housework Monday. Pretty quiet in the hood, only saw a couple of Chickadees and a number of Song Sparrows. It was a gorgeous morning on the lake though, thankful it's part of my route. Larry ended up with the afternoon off, too bad we didn't know earlier - would have cooked my roast in the morning and gone birding in the afternoon. We did take a quick drive back to Oak Hill so I could take some photos of the lake on on this side. The color over there is much brighter than here.
I love watching the sun wake up over the lake - especially when there is a bit of fog and you get that soft glow.

Song Sparrow searching for breakfast.
As the fog lifted it was a perfect morning for reflections.
The bushes and trees are all turning.
Duck flew in, but I surprised him.
Part of the Roseway River.
And there are still lots of Dragonflies around. This one was quite big.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment